I’m getting the cooking bug back!
I have always loved cooking and of course baking brownies and cakes. I enjoy trying new recipes while also making up my own weird and wonderful treats. Recently I have been so lazy an I have not spend a lot of time in the kitchen at all, I have been grabbing food while being out and about, which is not healthy and is not as much fun. Today while at work up pops a Proper Tasty Facebook post about this amazing Sticky Garlic Chicken and I couldn’t stop thinking about it! I love sticky gooey food so this was right up my street.
So after day dreaming about this while being stuck at my desk I ran home (not literally unfortunately) and had a play around with the recipe. They turned out even yummier then I thought, that yummy I nearly forgot to take a photo of the finished masterpiece as I had already started snacking away!
For anyone who wants to try this simply yet awesome sticky chicken here is the method and recipe below, which I have taken from Proper Tasty Facebook account! I changed a few little bits for my own personal taste, which is half the fun when cooking anyway. So have a play around it is dare I say better then a takeaway!
Proper Tasty Servings: 2
2 chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
100g panko breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons honey
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon sriracha
1 tablespoon grated ginger
Spring onions (garnish)
Sesame seeds (garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F
2. Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces and season with salt and pepper
3. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture then coat with panko
4. Bake 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through
5. Mix together soy sauce, honey, garlic, hoisin sauce, sriracha and grated ginger in a saucepan and bring to boil, remove from heat
6. Toss chicken bites in sauce until thoroughly coated
7. Serve immediately with chopped spring onion and sesame seeds
So I have once again got the cooking bug so I will be aiming to try lots of new different things while also baking the odd cake here and there. I have also recently bought a Slimming World cookery book so I will have to grab my apron and attempt some healthy yummy cooking too.
Off to make a brew x