Most importantly I make a rather amazing brew
Rachel Abegail Mason
Contact Number: 07944118870
A Self-motivated, highly organised ambitious Fine Art graduate looking to build upon existing knowledge and skills developed during education and previous employment in artistic fields. Experience in curating, marketing, administration and project management.
- Proficiency in all areas of Mac Software and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organisation/ Time Management, using initiative to plan in accurate detail.
- Basic knowledge of Sign Language.
Current: Arts and Activities Administrator, Spring Bank Arts Centre.
(February 2015 – Current)
- Liaising with users and hirers of the Centre
- Online marketing including running of the website/ social media accounts
- Organising, arranging and managing facilities for the arts and community activities
- Administering the Centre’s activities, including- dealing with enquiries by telephone, email and in-person – taking bookings – arranging visits – coordinating events – maintaining records of bookings and events – invoicing – maintaining office systems
- Overseeing the general upkeep and appearance of the Centre
- Scheduling meetings and events, organising diaries, attending meetings and events
- Showing potential clients around the venue/ advertising.
- Mange the stock room goods levels
Volunteer, New Mills Heritage Centre.
(November 2014 – May 2015)
- Experience of working with museum databases, maintaining and inputting new objects
- Working with data storage systems both written and computer based
- Cleaning and handling of museum heritage artefacts
- Attended Collections in Partnership training held in Derby Museum and Art Gallery.
- General day to day activities of running a heritage centre, welcoming visitors, speaking about the exhibitions and answering questions on the local heritage of New Mills
Creative Researcher, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield.
(October 2013 – September 2014)
- Researched transitioning experiences into University education.
- Conduct Artist Research
- Reorganised the materials needed to produce an actuate research presentation for the Annual Learning and Teaching Conference.
- Implemented an online system where all members of staff can access documents.
- Complied documents to be issues at workshops.
- Co-lead workshops looking at creativity within teaching and recording the results.
- Diary management, typing correspondence and documents, creating presentations and creating meeting minutes to be shared with fellow researcher.
Head Curator for Sheffield Hallam Union, Millennium Gallery Sheffield
(September 2013 – June 2014)
- Present a professional exhibition to high museum standards.
- Organising group meetings, setting deadline tasks for exhibition opening.
- Ensuring high levels of professional context on all marketing publications/emails.
- Assumed the role of fire/health and safety officer for the exhibition installation.
- Running exhibition and gallery children’s activity organising staffing for both events.
- Running and maintaining exhibition website, including co-managing art submission forms.
Gallery Assistant, SIA Gallery, Sheffield
(September 2013 – June 2014)
- Maintaining and organising gallery contents.
- Front of house duties, help organise and run private viewing events.
- General gallery cleaning of art pieces.
- Stock room upkeep
- Contact potential clients and invite them to opening/preview events
Student Ambassador, Sheffield Hallam, Sheffield.
(September 2011 – June 2014)
- Give presentations to potential future students and parents.
- Information provider on University open days.
- Give guided tours of the University and the facilities.
Art Camp Worker, Long Lake Camp for the Arts, New York.
(June 2011 – September 2011)
- Organise children activities.
- Ensure the safety of children, age 9-16.
- Run small-scale workshops with the children.
Sheffield Hallam University: MArt Fine Art: (September 2010 – July 2014)
Modules: Curating, Research, Art History, Critical Studies and Professional Practice.
1st Class Honours
Stockport College: Art Foundation Diploma Course: (September 2009 – June 2010)
New Mills Business and Enterprise College: (September 2004– June 2009)
A Levels: Art (B) Media Studies (B)
10 GCSEs: (A-C) including English, Maths, Science and I.T
Hobbies & Interests
Recently I was in charge of my University’s Curatorial Team, I volunteered as project leader to organise a team for ten, aged 19-55, to curator an art exhibition in Millennium Gallery, Sheffield. I relished the chance to take control of a professional gallery exhibition and rose to the high-pressure environment, deeply enjoying the role.
I am currently training for the Manchester 10k run on May 22nd 2016. I am enjoying the challenge of pacing my running and improving my fitness. I am interested in visiting museums, art galleries and attending art events.